Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums  

Go Back   Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums > Cell Phone Talk > TELUS Home Services & Devices
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2021, 05:08 AM

Default Turning off T3200M Wifi and using instead a Linksys Velop AX4200 WiFi 6 Mesh System

Hello,
I was looking to do the above and noticed another user posting difficulty with their LAN and WLAN speeds after putting in place a similar setup (see user's posting at bottom)

Can you advise on the configuration settings that should be used on both the T3200M and Linksys AX4200 to ensure the optimal performance?
I'm on a Telus Gigabit Internet fibre connection. I am somewhat savvy with the concept of what is being done but need some detailed guidance in the best settings and method to connecting the T3200M & AX4200 together.

Thanks kindly in advance for any assistance that can be provided.

cheers....Bill :-))

User posting from: https://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-.../105089#M24412
BobtheBuilder ?04-18-2020 01:26 PM
Just Moved In
I had similar idea, but linksys velop instead of google nest. I had similar success with
Nokia Fiber Modem > T3200 in bridge mode + wifi turned off (I found some smart devices were still getting confused and dropping WiFi connections)

T3200 > Velop Parent Node
Velop > Switch > Wired LAN connections
Velop > Child Nodes > Wireless LAN connections

All Cat 6+ cabling
I'm on the fibre 150 plan

The issue I still have Is both LAN and WLAN speed tests both won't exceed 100 Mbps (~95 is the max I get)? Anyone have any idea on what is limiting it? I've tried testing at both peak and non-peak (ie. middle of the night) and it's always between 75-95 mbps (using fast.com site for testing).

More...