Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums  

Go Back   Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums > Cell Phone Talk > TELUS Home Services & Devices
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-18-2023, 06:20 AM

Default OVER CHARGED monthly billing

Hi Teillus Support,

I have been using Tellus Internet, PureFibre Gigabit Unlimited, 2 years contract, and the payment is $110 / month

Around Dec 10 - Dec 14 2022, I made an appointment for moving the router from ground floor to the basement ( in the same address).

The first technician had came and took a quick investigation, then he left with a notice that he will need to order the new fiber cable. I asked him if there is any extra payment for the new cable and he said no.

one week later, another technician came and tried to finished the setup with the following steps:
- Cutting the being used cable
- replacing with the new cable
- reactivate my router.

Tonight, I checked the billing for Dec 2022. and it showed that I have to pay more than $400 after tax for:
- PureFiber Gigabit (included data 1000GB) $135 (I dont know when and how it was added )
- partial charges: ~ $82 (which noted the service : "ADDING fiber cable", but it was actually a replacement)
- PureFiber Gigabit unlimited data $110 (2 years plan, started since Jan 2022 and I have been using this).

The question is:
- Why this situation happens?
- Why did Tellus charge me for the services that I have not used?
- IF you need me to change the Internet plan when you replaced the cable, you should let me know about that BEFORE process the service. and the current plan (until the replacement time) should be cancled, right?

I am looking for hearing back from you!!!

More...