Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums  

Go Back   Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums > Cell Phone Talk > TELUS Home Services & Devices
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-18-2023, 06:50 PM

Default Managing home wifi phone for mentally disabled customer

I am the mother of a mentally disabled son for whom I have purchased a Telus wifi home phone. He is often victimized by "friends". In this case, people who come into his apartment where he lives alone to use his home phone.

To minimize his exposure to long distance call charges, Telus has me paying an additional $10 per month of his ODSP funds to cover potential US calls. This past month, he had $35 in LD charges to a Caribbean country (not covered by the US additional plan charge). He does not know anyone outside of Toronto. To further minimize his exposure, I am told that he can purchase an additional worldwide plan at a significant charge. Money that he does not have. Basically, he has to pay for services that we does not need to ensure that he is not charged for those same services.

Why is it that services can't be turned off like a cell phone? Why are vulnerable people being victimized at the hands of a large organization which I truly believe have the capability to assist but don't in order to make more money?

I did escalate the issue with a lovely customer service agent, Kelly. She assisted with this long distance charge but was unable to help with a permanent solution.

More...