Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums  

Go Back   Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums > Cell Phone Talk > TELUS Home Services & Devices
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-10-2021, 05:04 AM

Default Horrible home internet reliability

Hello, I have been fighting internet drop off for years with telus, had them play with the settings on their end and on my router, had them replace the router, every night (like right now) I switch to my cell internet because I can't get connection.

After several calls and on hold hours and complaining I just have the answer that I have too many devices connected and it's likely one of my other devices causing the issue in which case we will have to charge me for the service call, last time around I got no showed, so as you can imagine I'm at my wits end. Each night without fail around 10 and on for a few hours its normal 15 mb connection then just completely drops out and I try resetting my router, run a speed test from admin page direct from telus router and it fails over and over then all of a sudden back to gold again. Not really sure how many times a night it does it as I give up eventually.

Any ideas that you have to try would be appreciated, im not a tech guy, but im somewhat competent in sorting things out on my own.

More...