PDA

View Full Version : Super slow internet when paying for 25 and 5

wireless
01-12-2017, 03:46 AM
Hello everyone... I've recently started working from a home office and when trying to upload files to Google drive, drop box and the icloud I've discovered how remarkably slow my internet connection is. I started tracking it daily at least 3 different times and I'm getting less than 5 mbs download and less than 1 on the upload.

I tried to call Telus about this but after spending more than 97 minutes on the phone I gave up. And there was no one working on the chat help desk either.

So, has anyone else experienced this amazing drop in their service? I've turned off every device in my house except one computer and nothing improves. And I've rebooted the modem/router.

I seem to remember the sales rep that came to my house telling me we had fibre optic lines here and were guaranteed better service than our previous provider but that all appears to be smoke and mirrors. No fibre here in Coquitlam. And slow slow speeds.

Thoughts?
CM

More... (http://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-TV-Home-Phone/Super-slow-internet-when-paying-for-25-and-5/m-p/68112#M10475)