PDA

View Full Version : new customer

wireless
02-24-2017, 04:56 PM
I have recently moved from another company to Telus at the end of December 2016, a customer representative came to my door and offered Telus explain the cost to me and I decided to switch to Telus. I am enjoying the opportunities that are available. the problem I am having is my TV keeps freezing up on me and goes to the you have lost the connection. it happens numerous times a day and they last for 30 seconds to 2 plus minutes. I contacted Telus and they sent over a tech and he stated that we find with these older homes the wiring does not work and it bounces around. I was advised that I would have to have the wiring replaced at a cost of $75 plus to me. I was surprised and very disappointed, at no time during any conversation with the rep who came to my door or the installer who came to my house was I advised that there was a potential problem with the wiring in older houses and that I may have to replace at my cost. if I was advised from the get go before I was obligated to sign a two year contract of the potential problem. I may have decided against the switch. I should have at least had the opportunity to make an informed decision.
I believe that Telus should fix the problem with the wiring and absorb the cost or at least give me a credit if I have to pay up front.
I believe this was an honest mistake by Telus Rep, not informing me of the potential problem, the alternative would be that Telus was deceptive, misleading and dishonest and I do not want to believe Telus would stoup to this level to gain new longterm customers.
anu suggestion on how to get Telus to correct their error would be appreciated.

Casey

More... (https://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-TV-Home-Phone/new-customer/m-p/69837#M10988)